Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Cuddles with My Sweet Girl

Halloween
Sometimes I don't want to let you go.


Your warm body, pleasant scent, and snug fit in my arms comforts me.


Each day you grow older. Oh that I could freeze our cuddles in time! The thought that one day you might not enjoy or want these close embraces terrifies me!




Kissing Mommy



Bedtime Cuddles
I want to savor the feel of your golden curls in my hands as I caress your hair.  Planting kiss after kiss all over you.  Cherishing your embrace. Listening to your heart beat against mine as we give each other love squeezes. 







You murmuring, "I love you Mommy," in my ear.  Your gentle kisses that feel like feathers against my skin.
In Chicago

You ask me if I can stay home with you. My heart breaks that I can't hold and be with you all day. 

Your embrace is so comfortable, we fit in each other's arms like puzzle pieces. Sometimes you drift off to sleep here.  Your breathing slows and deepens. Your hair plasters against my arm. Little beads of sweat glisten on your face. Your eyelids flitter and a faint smile touches your lips. Legs drape over me. My hold on you tightens. I'm stuck here, but I don't mind. What are you dreaming?


Napping on Mommy



Napping on Mommy
My sweet girl, so irresistibly, just-plain-cute. I want to bottle up these moments and pull them out on rainy days. Those moments away from you. 


Dallas World Aquarium
If I ever hold you a minute too long or squeeze you a little too tightly, it's probably me just trying to capture the cuddle for a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment